Scrapbooks Gone Digital Store Scrapbooks Gone Digital Gallery Contact Scrapbooks Gone Digital Scrapbooks Gone Digital forum Scrapbooks Gone Digital Newsletter Scrapbooks Gone Digital Tutorials Scrapbooks Gone Digital Scrap Words Scrapbooks Gone Digital Blog Scrapbooks Gone Digital on Facebook! Scrapbooks Gone Digital on Twitter

Go Back   Scrapbooks gone Digital Community > All about Digital Scrapbooking > GIMP Tutorials and FAQ
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Quick Pages or Photoshop Templates?
Quick Pages 12 54.55%
Photoshop Templates 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. This poll is closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Store Admin

Default Quick Pages or Photoshop Templates?

I am planning to give away FREE Templates OR FREE Quick Pages with purchases from our SgD Store....

but I am wondering if you prefer Quick Pages or Templates?

Both Quick Pages & Photoshop Templates:
  • can be use to create layouts with The GIMP.
  • are pre-made layouts with all of the necessary elements to complete a layout. All you need to do is add your photos and optionally some personal journaling.
  • Both can be any size: 12x12, 4x4, etc.
Their differences:

Quick Pages: Is a JPEG file that you can open an use to create your layout. All of the elements in the Quick Page are "merge" together in a single layer and cannot be modify, move or remove. One of the benefits is that Quick Pages are much smaller in size.

Photoshop Templates: Is a Photoshop File (PSD) that you can use to create your layout. Each of the elements in the Photoshop template is store on its own layer, and therefore, they can be move, modify or remove. One of the benefits is that Photoshop Templates are much more flexible and can customized entirely. They are also much bigger in size.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:27 AM
New To SgD

Default Re: Quick Pages or Photoshop Templates?

I vote for Quick Pages. I belong to a group on another site and they did this and right now I have 29 quickpages and we still have 3 days left to post. Some people even posted 2 to 3 pages from the same kit. This is a great way to get people to particpate.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Store Admin

Great! This is the first time that you are trying here at SgD and we are really excited about it!!

This is a great way to quickly create an albumn and to share creativity.

Thanks!
Norma
Old 04-29-2009, 09:53 PM
New Digital Scrapper

Smile Re: Quick Pages or Photoshop Templates?

I have used Photoshop but could never really get the hang of it--however since I got GIMP-- it's easy to me, and so far I am following the tuts just fine. Which is nice due to the fact I am getting married July 25,2009 -- and plan on using the gimp for our Wedding Pics....
I am glad I found you!!!! I'm brand new to this program and to this site and look forward to learning how to scrapbook with you all!!!
ButterflyIII2006
Old 04-30-2009, 06:29 PM
SgD Senior Digital Scrapper

Hello my dear and welcome,

You'll find a number of us here that only scrap in GIMP including myself, so don't hesitate to ask we are here to help. I look forward to seeing your layouts & good luck with your up coming wedding.
Checkout our tuts and challenges if you're keen to be in the draw for vouchers to spend in the shop...

Welcome again,
hugz Mo

Last edited by buttner-jenkins : 04-30-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:44 PM
New Digital Scrapper

Cool Re: Quick Pages or Photoshop Templates?

Ahhhhh how very nice you are........
I am attempting to do the color challenge this month-- using the KrazyMary Color Splash.... I had my first attempt with Gimp almost finished-- until I got to the point of adding text... I didn't understand the tut about the arrows I guess-- and my program froze completely up-- and I lost everything.....
I'm not sure the text feature on my program is right-- I had it on 18 and all I saw were outlines where the text should have been..... And the tut said to use the arrow keys-- ummm ok --- this is where my program died---
what did I do wrong???
and since I'm asking questions for future references-- how do I resize my embellishments?Ie: longer and skinner, or shorter and wider?
I was able to move my objects around-- but resizing them is a different story.
I hope this is the right place for the questions-- and if they have been asked somewhere else I apologize.
And yes I'm going to try this challenge again!!! maybe this time without the text..LOL
Butterflyiii2006