Re: How do I get started?
Hi Kathy! I have only been using GIMP for a few months myself, so I am not an expert. Here is how I start a layout/page to scrap:
1. Go up to the "FILE" menu and choose "NEW"
2. A box will pop up for you do decide what size you want your LO to be.
Change the Width to 3600 pixels
Height: 3600 pixels (this is a 12 inch x 12 inch LO)
B. Click on the "[+]" next to "Advanced Options" Set the x & y resolution to 300 x 300 for the best resolution
C. Choose "Fill with Transparency"
D. Click OK
3. A "transparent" image will come up in your work area
4. Now go "File" and Choose "OPEN AS LAYERS" this is very important! This allows you to work with each image or element or paper you chose at a time without effecting the other elements.
5. A box will pop up and you can scroll through files on your computer and then chose "Open" when you find the item you want. The item you chose will appear in your work area.
6. Just keep repeating this until you have all the items you want on your LO.
I hope this helps!