Scrapbooks gone Digital Community

Scrapbooks gone Digital Community (http://www.scrapbooksgonedigital.com/Forum/index.php)
-   GIMP Tutorials and FAQ (http://www.scrapbooksgonedigital.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   How to create your FIRST Digital Scrapbook Layout (http://www.scrapbooksgonedigital.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=82)

SgD DESIGNS 09-12-2006 02:34 PM

How to create your FIRST Digital Scrapbook Layout

Hi,

Ready to Create your very FIRST Digital Scrapbook Layout?

Well, here we go... Click on the link below to start:

You will learn how to:
  • Open your Digital Scrapbook Elements
  • Copy and Paste your Digital Scrapbook Elements into your Layout
  • Move your Digital Scrapbook Elements within your Layout
  • Transform you Digital Scrapbook Elements to match the composition of your layout
  • Add Text to your Layout
  • Arrange your Digital Scrapbook Elements within your Layout
  • Save your Layout in the Native GIMP File Format: "XCF"
  • Save your Layout in the most popular image File Format: "JPEG"
So, although this is your first digital scrapbook layout, you will be learning a lot! If you haven't already done so, I strongly recommend that you read the previous three Digital Scrapbook Tutorials:

We want to know how you are doing, post your comments in this forum!

Enjoy!

Norma Aguilera

SgD DESIGNS 04-15-2007 04:15 PM

Re: How to create your FIRST Digital Scrapbook Layout

Does anybody has any questions? Got lost in the process? Let's us know!

Scrapness 08-17-2007 12:09 AM

I made my first lay out with your tutorial above!! thanks again! I'll try the other ones next!!!

SgD DESIGNS 08-17-2007 08:18 AM

Congratulations!!!!

jeninoregon 03-01-2008 11:13 AM

Hi Norma! I finally signed up for your website and was looking at your starter tutorial for GIMP. I just wanted to add one thing that might speed things up for adding elements to your LO.

Instead of opening each element and then copy/past-ing them into your LO, you can go to File-->Open as Layers. Then, when you select the file you want to open, it will open directly into your LO. You will not lose the original file either since you opened it as a layer of your LO.

I hope this helps somebody--it sure saves time for me! BTW, I'll mention my blog here and be sure to add it to my sig file when I finish this post. :D ~Jen

scrappygimp.blogspot.com (GIMP tutorials and general conversation about scrapbooking in the GIMP.)

SgD DESIGNS 03-20-2008 09:06 PM

Sounds great!! Thanks for tip!!

Momof9Blessings 06-02-2008 09:20 AM

HI all,

Well last night I made my 1st LO in GIMP - boy it has a learning curve.... LOL I have been digi-scrapping since Sept 05 with PSP - it is going to take some getting used to GIMP....

I am using GIMP because the XP Service Pack 3 crashed my laptop - and linux is the only thing we can get running on it right now.... SO I am trying GIMP out.... to see if I like it.... LOL I also am a designer.....

Lori

jeninoregon 06-02-2008 11:19 AM

I also run the GIMP on Linux and would be happy to help you along if you get stuck on something! There are some great tutorials here and elsewhere on the internet, including my blog, which I try to post to regularly. Some posts are tutorials, some are just scrapbooking related. You can find it here: scrappygimp.blogspot.com. Have fun scrapping in GIMP--you will be addicted! ~Jen

SgD DESIGNS 06-02-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momof9Blessings
HI all,

Well last night I made my 1st LO in GIMP - boy it has a learning curve.... LOL I have been digi-scrapping since Sept 05 with PSP - it is going to take some getting used to GIMP....

I am using GIMP because the XP Service Pack 3 crashed my laptop - and linux is the only thing we can get running on it right now.... SO I am trying GIMP out.... to see if I like it.... LOL I also am a designer.....

Lori

Yes, it is a little bit confusing in the begining... but once you complete one or two layouts... it becomes much easier. Congratulations on your first GIMP Layout! I invite you to post in out forum so we can all enjoy it with you!!

-Norma

Momof9Blessings 06-02-2008 12:16 PM

So how do you save a web version? I saw how to change the size, but not how to do the dpi.

Lori